This blog post is having my collection, picked from Commandlinfu. You don’t know about it! Oh, go and explore it now. It has a lot of sweet tricky commands you can use and you never knew they existed.
1. Run the last command as root (This is the most upvoted one btw).
2. Serve current directory tree at http://$HOSTNAME:8000/ : Supe r Cool. Try it.
6. Jump to a directory, execute a command and jump back to current dir : oh, needed a lot.
7. Simulate typing : Pure Fun 🙂
sudo apt-get install pv echo "You can simulate on-screen typing just like in the movies" | pv -qL 10
8. Quickly rename a file : Yes. Needed.
9. Add Password Protection to a file your editing in vim : You can use it for a lot of stuff. 😉
On a serious note, you may need it, to protect some important file.
vim -x <FILENAME>
Bash is beautiful. 🙂
11. commit message generator – whatthecommit.com : Some lol stuff. 🙂
12. Recursively remove all empty directories : Yes, I use it often. 😛
find . -type d -empty -delete
I’ll add more as I remember more and yes as I use more. 🙂